- Affirmative action boosting up Roma employment and education
Affirmative action boosting up Roma employment and education
- Project Number: LDI03017
- Project Title: Affirmative action boosting up Roma employment and education
- Program: Local development and inclusion
- Region of the Project Implementation: Banskobystrický
- District of the Project Implementation: Lučenec
- Estimated Date of Project Completion: 30.04.2024
- Project Promoter: Agentúra práce BBSK, n.o.
- Website of the project: dvo.agenturapracebbsk.sk
- Status: Active
- Project Grant Approved: 124 964 €
Project descriptionThe aim of the project is to increase awareness and build the technical capacity of employers in the design, implementation and evaluation of temporary compensatory measures. Temporary Compensation Measures (TCMs) are based on the idea that not everyone has the same opportunities to get an education or a job because they belong to a certain long-term disadvantaged group. The project aims to present an initiative in the field of employment or vocational training, to create a network of community centres willing to strengthen their employment activities, to propose specific policy measures that will facilitate the implementation of the TCMs. The project will contribute to capacity building of organizations in Slovakia, which will strengthen the competence and infrastructure in this area to pave the way for targeted and innovative work in cooperation with companies and employers. The aim of the partnership is to exchange real practices and share experiences that can support the further development of TCMs measures and anti-discrimination policies in both countries.