- United For Equality
United For Equality
- Project Number: DGV01009
- Project Title: United For Equality
- Program: Domestic and Gender-based Violence
- Region of the Project Implementation: Bratislavský
- District of the Project Implementation: Bratislava II
- Estimated Date of Project Completion: 30.04.2024
- Project Promoter: Risotto o.z.
- Website of the project: riso.to
- Status: Active
- Project Grant Approved: 198 000 €
Project descriptionThe project aims to eliminate negative stereotypes about women and men in public and private life, including their portrayal in the media, cinematography and advertisement. The main goal of the activities is to support the increase of women's representation in the decision-making process at all levels and in every sphere of life. This can be achieved by developing social standards towards greater respect for and application of women's rights. The key target group for achieving the project result are students aged 13 to 23. At this time of their lives, young people encounter observations of gender stereotypes, prejudices, inequalities, unequal treatment, not only offline but also online. In addition, girls' self-esteem is dropping by as much as forty per cent since the age of fifteen. The content of the project is a campaign to raise awareness and improve understanding of gender equality and audiovisual lectures for high school and university students.